On 23 March the Government, stepped up measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus
and save lives. All non-essential premises must now close.
- Takeaway and delivery services
may remain open and operational in line with guidance on Friday 20 March.
- Online retail is
still open and encouraged and postal and delivery service will run as normal.
- Retail and public premises which we expect to remain open must:
- Ensure a distance of two meters between customers and shop assistants and;
- Let people enter the shop only in small groups, to ensure that spaces are not
- Queue control is required outside of shops and other essential premises that
- Parks will remain open but only for individuals and households to exercise once a day.
Communal spaces within parks such as playgrounds and football pitches will be closed.
For our village, this means following:
- Our village pub take away services remain open under the terms passed 21 March 2020.
- The village shop will operate under the guidance provided.
- Closure of the Village main hall with restricted access only to use the Post Office.
- Local schemes of support are permitted involving food and medicine deliver following social distancing and safety guidance which applies to our new CSG group.
- Immediate closure of the play park at Green Banks.
- Use of the public playing field at the top of Blacksmiths hill only for personal daily exercise and following social distancing guidelines.
- All parish council public meetings are cancelled. Clause 20 of the Coronavirus bill may enable authorisation of remote meeting. The PC is currently operating under home working rules and delegated powers, passed by Council at an extraordinary meeting held on Thursday 18 March 2020.
Click here to view the full guidance report