Latest Community Support Group (CSG) updates:
7/4/21: NHS announces the closure of the NHS Volunteer Responders Support Team at 6pm on Friday 20 May. For further information and guidance on how these changes may effect you, please call the helpline on 0808 196 3646.
Our Support Team line will remain open to you and your patients until
5-4-21 The government has published important advice for people with symptoms of respiratory infections, such as COVID-19; people with a positive COVID-19 test result and their contacts; and advice on safer behaviours for everyone.
21-2-21 Government announces a lifting of all restrictions and publishes a plan to live with Covid in the UK.
This page aims to provide a community resource to local help and advice and provide signposting to other official agencies to support all parishioners who are choosing to self isolate as part of the Governments guidance on living with Covid-19.
How to get help, support and advice for non-health related matters:
1. View the useful links to official sites on the right hand side of this page.
2. For village matters, call the CSG support line on 01548 312090 where you can leave a voicemail if your call is not answered immediately and your call will be returned as soon as possible. If your call is health related please use the 111 online coronavirus service, or call 111 if you cannot find the help you need online.
The Village community food bank collection point
This is still operating From the Slapton Village Hall reception area during the Post Office opening hours. At this difficult time whilst communities are recovering from the pandemic, our local Kingsbridge and Dartmouth foodbanks are working really hard to help support people all across all local communities. Please consider donating to the foodbanks any spare non perishable items and or private cash donations by BACS or Just Giving.
You can drop off items at the Slapton Village Hall reception area during the following Post Office opening hours:
To join the CSG group and to find out more about its scope of community support, click here to visit the CSG webpage where you can also download an application form.
Julie Hinder, Chair Slapton Parish Council.
1. All calls to the CSG helpline from UK landlines and mobiles are charged at the normal call rates applied by your service provider. Please check your current tariff for current prices.
2. Click here to read and print our 'Working Safely with you' document. This is also summarised below.
Please be assured your personal information and details of your query will be treated in strict confidence and will only be shared on a need-to-know basis within the Slapton Community Support Group with the relevant Parish Cllrs or clerk. If a Cllr or the clerk from the CSG Group has concerns about you or another person's safety or welfare, they are obliged to pass on details to the relevant bodies in line with the Parish Council's official safeguarding policy. Parish Cllrs and the Clerk have undertaken safeguarding training and if volunteers wish to help support the group the Parish Council will usually seek references and a basic DBS check on prospective volunteers.
See links below to obtain immediate advice, help and support:
Read and print our CSG 'Working safely with you' document
1. Businesses and Individuals:
2. NHS Coronavirus pages with information and guidance:
3. Government - What you need to do to protect yourself and others against Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the UK. Includes details on employment and financial support for Business and other organisations, Healthcare workers and carers, Travel, How Coronavirus is affecting public services, How you can help.
6. Video conferencing
If your family member has a tablet or smartphone, you can also help them get set up with
apps such as Skype, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, all of which do video calls. Also Apple users can also use FaceTime,
6. For advice on your Local Village services see below:
7. Pet and animal care:
Click on a title to view the article: