This page aims to provide a community resource to help support all parishioners who face self-isolation, quarantine or are in lockdown. It will post updates on available local help and advice and provide signposting to other useful official help and advice.
How to get help, support and advice for non-health related matters:
1. View the useful links to official sites on the right hand side of this page.
2. Call the CSG support line on 01548 312090 (Manned by Cllrs and the parish clerk so please leave a voicemail if your call is not answered immediately and your call will be returned as soon as possible. If your call is health related please use the 111 online coronavirus service, or call 111 if you cannot find the help you need online.
3. email: email@example.com. The inbox checked regularly throughout the week. If your enquiry is an urgent non health related matter please call the CSG helpline first.
1. All calls to the CSG helpline from UK landlines and mobiles are charged at the normal call rates applied by your service provider. Please check your current tariff for current prices.
2. Click here to read and print our 'Working Safely with you' document. This is also summarised below.
Please be assured your personal information and details of your query will be treated in strict confidence and will only be shared on a need-to-know basis within the Slapton Community Support Group with the relevant Parish Cllrs or clerk. If a Cllr or the clerk from the CSG Group has concerns about you or another person's safety or welfare, they are obliged to pass on details to the relevant bodies in line with the Parish Council's official safeguarding policy. Parish Cllrs and the Clerk have undertaken safeguarding training and if volunteers wish to help support the group the Parish Council will usually seek references and a basic DBS check on prospective volunteers.
In 2021, the Parish Council and CSG advises all parishioners in need of volunteer support in any way e.g. Prescription or shopping collection, to register with the NHS Volunteer Responders (Otherwise known as the GoodSam App or service. All NHS Volunteer responders have undertaken official checks. See information below under update 08-01-21.
Latest Community Support Group (CSG) updates:
8-12-21 Government announces that England will move to Plan B in response to the risks of the Omicron variant.
30-11-21 Government announces new rules to manage the spread of the Covid-10 Omicron Variant.
10-11-21 Government announces new guidance on taking lateral flow test and booster jabs for 16-17 year olds.
18/9/21: Government announces the new Covid-19 Autumn and Winter 2021 Plan: Read this by clicking here:
31-8-21 - Devon designated as an enhanced response area status.
20/2/21: Devon County Council - New interactive online map of all vaccine and testing centres across Devon. View the map by clicking here.
18-01-21: The Police have now set up a special online hub to reports suspected Covid-19 legal breaches. Read more about this service by clicking here.
08-01-21: Just a reminder that the NHS Volunteer responder system GoodSam is now fully up-and-running:
04-01-21: The Village community food bank collection point is still operating from the Slapton Village Hall reception area during the Post Office opening hours. At this difficult time our local Kingsbridge foodbank is working really hard to help support people all across all local communities and so in response, the Parish Council have set a new challenge for 2021 of 2021 non perishable items and or private cash donations by BACS or direct debit by 15 December 2021
You can drop off items at the Slapton Village Hall reception area during the following Post Office opening hours:
Thank you for your support and patience as our service is operated by volunteer Cllrs from our community. Please also refer to the useful official information and reference sources opposite which may be of help to you in the first instance.
To join the CSG group, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, email, home and mobile and the clerk will contact you directly. (In the circumstance it will be assumed you have given your permission to use your data).
Julie Hinder, Chair Slapton Parish Council.
Devon County is still under National Government Restrictions. Click here to read the latest Coronavirus guidance.
See links below to obtain immediate advice, help and support:
Read and print our CSG 'Working safely with you' document
1. Businesses and Individuals:
2. NHS Coronavirus pages with information and guidance:
3. Government - What you need to do to protect yourself and others against Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the UK. Includes details on employment and financial support for Business and other organisations, Healthcare workers and carers, Travel, How Coronavirus is affecting public services, How you can help.
6. Video conferencing
If your family member has a tablet or smartphone, you can also help them get set up with
apps such as Skype, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, all of which do video calls. Also Apple users can also use FaceTime,
6. For advice on your Local Village services see below:
7. Pet and animal care:
Click on a title to view the article: