Wednesday, October 28, 2020 Filed in:
- 7.00pm, Monday 9th November 2020 by Zoom Video Conference due to Social Distancing.
If any parishioners wish to attend the meeting/and or speak/present an idea, as this is a remote meeting, please submit your question(s)/papers to the clerk, 48hrs in advance of the meeting so that the Council can consider. email: email@example.com
To attend the Zoom meeting:
- Click on this meeting link at 7.00pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81805871385 , or copy the link into your browser.
- You will be then placed into a waiting room whilst the Chair arranges access so please do not click out as this will take a few minutes as people join.
- Access to the meeting will be closed at 7.10pm.
Agenda - PC meeting 9 November 2020
Draft Minutes for signing PC meeting 5 October 2020
Electric Vehicle Survey results - summary
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - Councillors are invited to declare any disclosable interest they may have in any items to be considered. They are also reminded to consider whether in the light of recent activities any items within their Register of Interests should be updated.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT – Any parishioner is invited to address the Council for up to 3 minutes. This session may last up to 15 minutes and may be extended to 30minutes at the discretion of the Chair. The Public are not required to stay for the rest of the meeting.
- A request has been made to update on the progress of the Village charity group, the village archive project and the planting project.
4. POLICE REPORT – Devon and Cornwall Police Councillor Advocate Scheme – refer to ongoing Cllr updates.
5. COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
Cllr J. Brazil
- Update on the relocation of the War Memorial
- Saltstone Single Neighbourhood Plan – Timings for leaflet drop
Cllr R. Foss
- Update on the SHDC single solution Plan for the Slapton Line Parishes and winter public consultations.
- Update on request from the PC for £550 matched funding grant requests to help with the following:
- Purchase of additional litter bins to support local tourism – total cost £1100
6. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 5th October 2020. If agreed, to be both be signed by the Chair as a true and correct record.
7. MATTERS IN ABEYANCE
- Village flooding issues - Ongoing monitoring. Bi-annual drain cleaning arrangements in place to manage.
- Traffic Speed / Volume Survey. Deferred until spring 2021. Agree dates in Feb 2021. Submit Passive Traffic Management Grant application for £500 to District Cllr once requirements identified and approved by all agencies and grant availability advised.
- Monument relocation to Strete Gate– Pending update from DCC.
- Plastic recycling scheme – Pending update on changes in 2020 parish recycling arrangements.
- Village Map – Agreed to delay the reprint until spring 2021. Review artwork /stock levels at the Feb 2021 meeting.
- P3 Scheme – Agree to remove once the scheme is joined. Contract received – for signing in matters for discussion Nov meeting – agree to remove.
- Safeguarding Training by Ben Leach – Pending lifting of lockdown/social distancing restrictions before proceeding.
- Highways Response – No reply to Park and Walk drain ownership / Footpath deterioration between south grounds farm and drains issues outside the FSC. Chased 15-1-20 and 12.2.20 and 8.9.20 and 5/10/20 by Cllr J Brazil. Review position at the November meeting / remove.
- FSC plant/wildlife mowing support meeting – Pending lifting of lockdown/social distancing restrictions.
- Village BT K6 Phone box – Photo’s re-submitted on 22-10-20 of paint condition to BT who have advised to resubmit in Nov 2021 as the current condition does not qualify,
- Slapton Line Magazine – Chairs next editorial copy deadline 18th November 2020.
- 3059/20/TCA – Larksmead, Slapton.TQ72PY
| Proposal: Works to a Tree in a Con Area: T1 & T2: Silver Fir - Fell due to proximity to road and neighbouring properties.
- 2057/20/HHO – Watergate Cottage, Start, Slapton TQ7 2QD
| Proposal: READVERTISMENT (revised plans received) Householder application for proposed garden room.
- 2799-20-ARM – Highclere, Slapton. TQ7 2PY
| Proposal: Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval reference 1736/217/OPA
Decisions (for information only, see SHDC website for more information)
2605/20/TPO - 1 Chantry Hill Slapton TQ7 2QY
Proposed works: T1: Sweet Chestnut - Crown lift by 4m to provide clearance over garden and balance crown. Reduction of limb at 5m from ground level on North West side by 5.5m. Removal of limb at 5m from ground level on West side back to main regrowth shoot 1.5m from main stem. Reduction of limb at 4m from ground level on South side by 4m. Thin out epicormic growth. Crown height reduction by 4m. T2: Ash - Remove stump.
2622/20/HHO - Blacklands Farm Slapton TQ7 2QE
>Proposal: Householder application for proposed construction of new double car port
Decision: Conditional approval
9. MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION
- DCC / Energy Saving Trust (EST) Electric Vehicle Charging Points rural locations rollout scheme – Update on research findings.
- Village Charity Letter and Parish Wide EV survey printing 300 copies. Approve Invoice no 86616. 20/10/20 Nick Walker £59.00 (£29.50 PC survey / £29.00 Charity start up parish-wide communications grant S137).
- P3 Scheme – Chair to sign contract / discuss walking group and management of the scheme
- Libraries Unlimited Mobile Library Service– Grant request to help refurb recently purchased 2nd hand library van.
- Drain Cleaning and Road Sweeping Works– Poster support (production/distribution) plus approval of additional quote to clear the land behind the pipe outside the FSC into the adjoining field. (Refer matters for resolution).
- Parish Notice Boards – future requirements
- Replacement defib training Pads order.
- Village maintenance projects:
- Pathway patching (Park and walk to Southgrounds and Southgrounds to Bus Stop). Approve revised quote from Road Warden including additional operative. (A grant request will be submitted under the Highways Maintenance Enhancement fund/ Road Warden scheme).
- 3 months lengthsman trial – Agree Dec brief – 14 hours.
- Draft parish budget 2021-22 – Review budget laydown under SLCC guidance. Discuss/agree items for budget agreement / resolution at the December meeting.
- Delivering the budget / working groups.
10. PROPOSALS FOR RESOLUTION
- To propose to agree the quote from Brookings Hire dated 6/10/20 for the hire of a road sweeper and additional operative to clean all the village drains and sweep the roads on 10/11th November at a cost of £750+VAT and also the Hire of a Jetter and operator to powerflush the drain outside the FSC for flood management at a cost of £425. Total cost £1175 + VAT. To also propose to approve the additional work to clear the debris in front of the pipe into the adjoining field. (The quote will be provided at the PC meeting as the site visit not until 10/11/20).
11. CLERK’S REPORT
- DALC reply to contract addendum to village playing field development – C/Forward to Nov/Dec.
For information only:
- 17 CSG Facebook and 9 PC website posts made across the month.
- Old Blue advisory speed signs now stored with Road Warden kit.
- Red/White width enforcement sign reinstated at Lower Green Cross.
- Traffic Survey – Survey moved to March/April to adequate traffic quota and reflection of normal busy season. Dates TBC in the new year subject to Covid and local alert level.
- November Village cleaning dates (10-11th Nov) booked with Brookings. Works Posters and car notices drafted. Village signs and car notices to be posted 6th Nov. FSC also contacted re car parking support and have approved use of car park.
- P3 scheme. Contracts checked for signing/ brief to Charity Group to help support the walking.
- Food Banks Christmas 1000 donated items appeal web and CSG FB page copy written.
- Devon’s Treescape project / Devon Wildlife Trust. Landmark Trees, 1 per parish to plant wherever is suitable. Request handed to the new village charity group for consideration.
- PC response to the SHDC Slapton, Torcross and Strete car park Tariff review consultation issued 24/10/20 ahead of the deadline 30-10-20.
- End of season Village and playing field mowing due Monday/Tues 2nd and 3rd Nov (weather permitting. Winter buddle hole clearance x 8 also booked for these dates.
- SHDC Waste Bins – Brief confirmed to relocated Dog and multipurpose bin on the verge away from houses opposite the entrance to Greenbanks and within the PlayPark away from the boundary near to the picnic bench. Verge bin installed 23-10-20. Pending installation date for playpark.
- Correspondence has been sent to 5 parishioners to assist with their enquiries.
- DCC / Energy Saving Trust (EST) Electric Vehicle Charging Points rural locations rollout scheme. Photos of possible location sent to SHDC 6-10-20. Survey drafted and distributed Parish Wide over the weekend 17th/18th by the CSG/Charity working group. Thanks have been conveyed for supporting the PC with the distribution work.
- REPORT IT logs – No reports this month. The new bin capacity and reduction in number of visitors has helped the waste situation.
- Saltstone single neighbourhood plan community leaflet – Awaiting delivery so can arrange a parish wide distribution.
- SLCC training festival attendance 12-16th October x 6 1 hr training sessions.
- Photos take of condition of the Village BT K6 Phone box paint condition and submitted 22-10-20 to BT request repainting. Matters in abeyance updated. Re-submit Oct 2021.
12. CHAIRS REPORT
- Charity scoping meeting update.
- Update on progress of the development of the football pitch.
13. COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
14. FINANCIAL MATTERS
Approve the following payments:
L. Soothill-Ward, Clerks salary – August Sept 20 (Paid 1/10//20 for noting).
Clerks Overtime and monthly expenses (Oct 2020) Refer analysis sheet.
VC Warehouse - 7th payment - C-19 CSG tel help line monthly connection cost. Paid 15/10/20 by DD. Invoice 1007939 for noting.
Nick Mathias- Reinstallation of road sign and relocation of old Signs to storage site. Invoice 1223/21 dated 12/10/20
Zia Soothill-Ward- Re-imbursement of start-up Pickleball kit at village hall.
Slapton Short Bowls Club. Grant donation from ringfenced cricket club donation
RBL Poppy Appeal, Remembrance Day Wreath. Invoice no. 85 dated Oct 2020.
SLCC Annual Membership Renewal – due 30/11/20
Nick Walker, Village Charity Letter and Parish Wide EV survey printing 300 copies. Invoice no 86616. 20/10/20
- Balance at Bank 26/10/2020, £22,769.42
- Draft 2020 budget prepared including guidance from SLCC
- SHDC x 2 Large Bin purchase costs confirmed at £570+vat and installation x 2 bins £436.47 + VAT. Awaiting formal invoice which will also include installation and relocation of bins at Greenbanks.
- Slapton All Stars - £707.50 grant donation from ring-fenced cricket club donation to be held ring-fenced in parish bank account until the club has opened a bank account. Target date March 2021.
Next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 7 December 2020 at 7.00pm by Zoom Video Conference due to Government social distancing restrictions.
Signed: Louise Soothill-Ward |28/10/20