The most recent meeting agenda will be shown here. It is usually published one week prior to the meeting.
IN THE COLERIDGE HUNDRED OF THE SOUTH HAMS OF DEVON
The following Councillors are summoned to attend: Ms J Hinder (Chair), Cllr Mrs S. Sullock, Cllr Mr Gavin Wollacott, Cllr Mr C. Staines, Cllr Mr D Murphy, Cllr Mr I Mitchelmore.
Cllr J. Brazil and Cllr R. Foss, Sue Gorman (Slapton Community Support Group), Kate Payne (Centre Manager FSC) and members of the public are invited to attend.
1) ELECTION OF NEW CLLRS AND VICE CHAIR - Including granting of dispensation from the PC for the clerk to witness Cllrs wet signatures at the office of the clerk on Tuesday 2nd March by social distance.
2) APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
3) DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - Councillors are invited to declare any disclosable interest they may have in any items to be considered. They are also reminded to consider whether in the light of recent activities any items within their Register of Interests should be updated.
4) PUBLIC COMMENT - Climate and Environmental Emergency Bill Alliance.
5) POLICE REPORT – Devon and Cornwall Police Councillor Advocate Scheme: Cllr D Murphy.
6) COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT Cllr J Brazil: • Relocation of the war memorial. • Change of recycling arrangements for the parish from 8 March 2021. • Dates of Purdah. Cllr R Foss: • Parish Council remote meeting legislation from 7 May 2021. • SHDC single solution tourism report for the Slapton Line Parishes and PC/Public consultations. • Beach car park toilet facilities update. • Localities Grant requests update: o Evolve Village Charity set up support grant - £500 matched funding with PC. o £550 matched funding litter bin grant request.
7) MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 1st February 2021 if available and agreed, to be both be signed by the Chair as a true and correct record.
8) REVIEW OF ACTION LOG.
9) MATTERS IN ABEYANCE.
a) Traffic Speed / Volume Survey. Deferred until spring/post lockdown 2021. Submit Passive Traffic Management Grant application for £500 to District Cllr once requirements identified and approved by all agencies and grant availability advised.
b) Monument relocation to Strete Gate– Pending update from DCC.
c) Plastic recycling scheme – Pending update on changes to spring 2021 parish recycling arrangements.
d) Village Map – It was agreed to delay the review of artwork and reprint until the war memorial and toilet block locations had been agreed. Stock levels were confirmed at 450 at 2/2/21. Check quantity at each meeting.
e) £750 All-stars Cricket club grant – Agree to hold as ring-fenced reserves until bank account is open. Target date 31 March 2021. Update 1 March meeting.
f) Notice Boards – Review situation if more are required given volume of official communications.
g) FSC plant/wildlife mowing support meeting – Pending lifting of lockdown/social distancing restrictions. The chair reported is speaking to Tom Pincher this week to set up a zoom meeting to discuss mowing to support bio-diversity. Chair to send meeting invite to Nick Mathias, Cllr G Wollacott and other interested Cllrs.
h) Village BT K6 Phone box – Photo’s re-submitted on 22-10-20 of paint condition to BT who have advised to resubmit in Nov 2021 as the current condition does not qualify. i). Leet on Carr Lane - Schedule repairs in Spring when dryer weather.
j) Slapton Line Magazine – Chairs next editorial copy deadline 18th March 2021.
10) PLANNING - None
Decisions (for information only, see SHDC website for more information)
2885/20/ARC - Higher Poole Slapton TQ7 2RA Proposal: Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 13 and 14 of planning consent Decision: Discharge of condition Approved.
0224/21/PAA - Land East of Merrifield Slapton Proposal: Prior approval application for proposed erection of agricultural Decision: Prior Approval Required and Given
11) MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION
a. Climate and Environmental Emergency Bill Alliance – PC Declaration, deadline 17th March 2021.
b. Approve for resolution next meeting updated PC Assets register value from £12,387.83 to £12,582.36 to include additional Road and Snow Warden Kit purchased Jan 2021. c. PC working groups and climate change management structure (Refer matters for resolution below).
d. Road Warden / Village maintenance:
i) Village Mowing Plan - 2021
ii) Road Wardens March brief
iii) Pot Hole Consultancy Repor
iv) Discuss the Road Wardens trial and agree for resolution at the next PC meeting to make a permanent schedule of works on an annually renewable contract.
12) PROPOSALS FOR RESOLUTION
a) To propose for resolution to defer the Traffic Speed / Volume Survey until late spring 2021/ after lockdown easement and carry forward funds into financial year 2021-22.
b) To propose for resolution for the PC to adopt the working groups / structures and phasing from March 202.
c) To ensure the safety of the PC and parishioners against Covid-19 and continuation of local council services and only if the Government pass in law to revoke the power for PC’s to operate remotely over video conferencing, to propose; from May 7th 2021 and with a monthly review in place, to pass devolved powers to the Responsible Officer, working remotely in consultation with 3 nominated Cllrs to ensure quorate/full PC.
d) To propose for resolution to cancel the 2021 Annual Parish Meeting and replace with an end of year statement from the Chair to be published in the March edition of the Slapton Lines and PC website.
13) CLERK’S REPORT
For information only:
• Reminder of the date for Cllr safeguarding training Monday 8th March 2021 7pm-8pm.6 CSG Facebook and 13 PC website posts drafted have been scheduled and posted across the month to relay Government covid-19 related updates to the community.
• Cllr Appointments – All Cllr vacancy notice paperwork sent to SHDC Electoral office/interview support/on-boarding packs issued to candidates.
• DALC - Liaison on a various matters to support the PC with decision making.
• Maintenance reporting: • Liaison with Road Warden – Feb road warden work brief / Mowing and maintenance contract confirmation, pothole survey report.
• Correspondence has been sent to 7 parishioners to assist with their enquiries.
14) CHAIRS REPORT
a) FSC plant/wildlife mowing support meeting update.
b) Response from SHDC executive re beach management letter.
c) Response from Anthony Mangnall re extension to videoconferencing legislation.
15) COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
16) FINANCIAL MATTERS
a) The council to approve the below payments were approved by the Council:
245/20 £201.59 Nick Mathias - Road Warden Road work PPE Kit - Invoice 1257/21 dated 24/20. Reclaim via DCC highways grant. £201.59. (Paid 2/2/20 for noting).
246/20 (S/O) £256.00 L. Soothill-Ward, Clerks salary – Feb 21 (Paid 1/3/21 for noting).
247/20 £12.11 VC Warehouse - 9th payment - C-19 CSG tel help line monthly connection cost. (Paid 15/2/21 by DD. Invoice 1008479 for noting).
248/20 £203.50 Nick Mathias - Road Warden Work - Pothole Report, 11 hrs. Invoice 1260 /21 dated 13/2/21.
249/20 £1669.76 SHDC invoice 22113301 date 10/2/21. x 2 floor standing 110 Lts capacity bins with seagull flaps £285 x2 (£570 total) plus installation costs £436.47 plus installation of multipurpose bin and relocation of playpark bin £385.00 + VAT £278.29. Min ref approval 237-20 (a) Oct 2020. Reclaim VAT £278.29. Pending SHDC localities grant application – tourism support.
250/20 £181.49 Clerks Overtime and monthly expenses (Feb 2021)
251/20 £259.00 Nick Mathias - Road Warden Work – Feb 2021 / 14 hrs)
252/20 £35.41 DALC - x 9 copies of the Good Cllrs Guide Invoice 2596 dated 23/2/21
b). Balance at Bank 25/1/2021, £16,275.63
c). VAT refund claim to be submitted 5th March 2021
d) Year-end Reconciliation due 31/3/21.
e). 7 grants are still pending reply(5 from DCC Highways Maintenance Enhancement Fund / 2 from SHDC Localities fund
Next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 12th April 2021 at 7.00pm by Zoom Video Conference due to Government social distancing restrictions.
Signed: Louise Soothill-Ward, Clerk
All meeting agenda’s, supporting documents and minutes can be viewed at www.slaptonparish.co.uk