Alt image
Slapton Parish

Slapton, Devon

Parish Council Website ...

Parish Council Meetings

The most recent meeting agenda will be shown here. It is usually published one week prior to the meeting.

Agenda - 26 April 2021

IN THE COLERIDGE HUNDRED OF THE SOUTH HAMS OF DEVON The following Councillor s are summoned to attend: J Hinder (Chair), Cllr J Abbey, Cllr Mr I Mitchelmore, Cllr D Murphy, Cllr S. Sullock, Cllr C. Staines, Cllr Gavin Wollacott. 

Cllr J. Brazil and Cllr R. Foss, Kate Payne (Centre Manager FSC) and members of the public are invited to attend. 

AGENDA 

1) APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. 

2) DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - Councillors are invited to declare any disclosable interest they may have in any items to be considered. They are also reminded to consider whether in the light of recent activities any items within their Register of Interests should be updated. 

3) PUBLIC COMMENT. 

4) POLICE REPORT – Devon and Cornwall Police Councillor Advocate Scheme: Cllr D Murphy. 

5) COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
Cllr J Brazil: 

a). Relocation of the war memorial.
Cllr R Foss: 
b).SHDC motor home proposal at the Beach Car Park 
c).SHDC single solution tourism report for the Slapton Line Parishes and PC/Public consultation including beach car park toilet facilities update.
d). DCC EV on street charging point scheme for Parish Councils. 

6) MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 1st March 2021 if available and agreed, to be both be signed by the Chair as a true and correct record. 

7) REVIEW OF ACTION LOG

8) MATTERS IN ABEYANCE 
a.) Monument relocation to Strete Gate.
b.) Plastic recycling scheme – Agreed to monitor parish-wide impact when live.
c.) Village Map – Delay the review of artwork/reprint until the war memorial and toilet block locations had been agreed. Stock levels were confirmed at 450 at 2/2/21. Check quantity each meeting.
d.) £750 All-stars Cricket club grant – Pending permission from Cricket Club Trustees to hold the grant as ring-fenced reserves to fund initiatives which would support the physical and mental wellbeing of the parish as a whole. Update April meeting.
e.) Notice Boards – Review situation if more are required given volume of official communications – Review Spring.
f.) Village BT K6 Phone box – Photo’s re-submitted on 22-10-20 of paint condition to BT who have advised to resubmit in Nov 2021 as the current condition does not qualify. g.) Leet on Carr Lane - Schedule repairs in Spring.
h.) Slapton Line Magazine – Chairs next editorial copy deadline. 

9) PLANNING
0362/21/FUL – Land at Dittiscombe, Slapton. TQ7 2QG Proposal: Provision of a temporary agricultural workers dwelling (mobile home).

Decisions (for information only, see SHDC website for more information)

0125/21/TCA - Sloutts Farm, Slapton, TQ7 2PR
Proposal: T79: Silver Birch - Fell due to lean towards highway and car park. T80: Oak-Crown height reduction by 1m. T81: Oak - Crown height reduction by 1m. T82: Oak - Crown height reduction by 1.5m. T83: Liquid Amber - Crown height reduction by 2m.
Decision: No Objection.

4094/20/HHO - Thorn, Slapton. TQ72RD
Proposal - Householder application for new extension with new external door formed from window and associated landscaping.
Decision: Conditional approval.

4095/20/HHO - Thorn, Slapton. TQ72RD
Proposal – Listed building consent for new extension with new external door formed from window and associated landscaping.
Decision: Conditional approval.

3923/20/ARC – Fern Acre, Slapton TQ7
Proposal - Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 4, 7 9 and 11 on Planning Application 2660/19/FUL
Decision: Discharge of condition approved.

10) MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION
a) DALC Remote meeting legislation briefing: Agree PC position and actions required post May 7th 2021.
b) Risk register: Review /approval for resolution next meeting for audit.
c) Financial Model Regs – Review/approve for resolution for audit.
d) AGAR Part 2 – 2020-21
    a. Chair to Sign Certificate of Exemption 2020-21.
    b. PC to approve the Annual Governance Statement 2020/21 / Chair to sign.
    c. PC to approve the Accounting Statement 2020-21 / Chair to sign.
e) CSG Committee: Agree revised Terms of Reference and committee members for resolution and the date of the next annual meeting.
f) Parishioner complaint re damage to trees and verges on Prospect Hill by two articulated lorries.
g) Maintenance:
    a. Playing field – Update on repairs to fence posts and gate.
    b. Mowing – Results of the March mowing trial, next steps re end April mowing plan.
h) Informal traffic survey wef 12 April 2021 – agree dates, times, volunteers.
i) DALC Parish online service: https://www.parish-online.co.u...
j) Draft Resource and Waste Strategy for Devon and Torbay consultation - PC response, deadline 14th April.. https://www.devon.gov.uk/havey...
k) Climate and Ecological emergency bill (CEE Bill): 

11) PROPOSALS FOR RESOLUTION
a. To propose to approve for resolution to update the PC Assets register value from £12,387.83 to £12,582.36 to include additional Road and Snow Warden Kit purchased Jan 2021. 
b. To propose for resolution to make the Road Wardens monthly hours a permanent annually renewable schedule of works with effect from 1 April 2021. 
c. To propose for resolution to carry forward 1 week of the clerks annual leave and 1 week to be paid in cash in lieu. 

12) CLERK’S REPORT
For information only:

  • 4 CSG Facebook and 15 PC website posts drafted have been scheduled and posted across the month to relay Government covid-19 related updates to the community. 
  • DALC –Clerk and Chairs Remote zoom meeting briefing attendance. 
  • Maintenance reporting: 
  • Liaison with Road Warden – March road warden work brief / Mowing and maintenance contract confirmation, pothole survey report.
  • Correspondence has been sent to 5 parishioners to assist with their enquiries. 
  • SHDC: Liaison with SHDC re Cllrs on-boarding/resignation / zoom traffic management meeting attendance with Chair. 
  • PC policy documents: Review/ updating of PC Standing Orders, Financial Regs and Risk register.
  • All AGAR forms completed for signing, 

13) CHAIRS REPORT 

  • Update on Cllr resignation and vacancies.
  • Update on meeting with John Fewings.
  • Update on Gazette article. 

14) COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS 

15) FINANCIAL MATTERS

a) The council to approve the below payments and the year-end bank reconciliation: 

  • 252/20 £35.41 DALC - x 9 copies of the Good Cllrs Guide Invoice 2596 dated 23/2/21 (Paid 2/3/21 for noting). 
  • 253/20 £100.00 Nick Mathias - Road Warden Work Buddle Holes- 23/2 Feb / Invoice 1265/21 dated 26/2/21. (Paid 2/3/21 for noting). 
  • 254/20 £11.98 VC Warehouse – 10th payment - C-19 CSG tel help line monthly connection cost. (Paid 15/3/21 by DD. Invoice 1008622for noting). 
  • 255/20 £287.00 Nick Walker Printers (Slapton Lines Feb/March Covid edition – SHDC covid prompt action fund grant. Invoice ref 87036, 3.3.21 (Paid 4/3/21 for noting). 
  • S/0 £256.00  L. Soothill-Ward, Clerks salary – March 21 (Paid 1/4/21 for noting). 
  • 256/20 £278.25 Nick Mathias - Road Warden Work – 14.5 hrs + £10 Kit hire - Invoice 1268/21 dated 16/3/21. (Paid 24/3/21 for noting). 
  • 257/20 £70.50 Nick Mathias - Road Warden Work – Yellow sign repair and installation - Invoice Q1270/21 dated 21/3/21 (Paid 24/3/21 for noting). 
  • 258/20 £404.25 Nick Mathias - Village Mowing Biodiversity trial - Invoice 1269/21 dated 21/3/21 (Paid 24/3/21 for noting).
  • 1/21 £206.80 Clerks Overtime, monthly expenses and re-imbursement of Annual leave 2021-21 (March 2021) 
  • 2/21 £115.18 DALC annual membership renewal 2021- invoice 2165. 
  • 3/21 £11.94 VC Warehouse – CSG Helpline rental April fee. Invoice 1008757, 1/4/21. 
  • 4/21 £250.00 Parochial Church - Annual Churchyard Grant.
  • 5/21 £110.37 Annual Zoom Licence Renewal (Funded from Nov 21 SHDC Covid-19 support grant). Paid 8/4/21 for noting April agenda. Invoice Ref P-85450305 - Refund to Clerk. Paid by Credit Card.
  • 6/21 £ 302.40 Annual Drop Box Licence renewal - 14/4/21. Refund to clerk - Paid by auto renewal to Clerks credit card on 14/4/21.

b) Balance at Bank 07/04/2021, £13,040.49, 
c) 1st Precept Payment remittance advice notice received 8/4/21 £7,356.50.
d) VAT refund claim submitted 4th March 2021 £1,212.69, Refund pending. 
e) Year-end bank reconciliation completed. 
f) AGAR submission completed.
g) Internal Audit date scheduled for 1 June 2021.
h) Localities Grant received 12/3/21, £788.00 (Bins and tourism support).
i) Five 2020 Road Warden grants are still pending reply from DCC Highways Maintenance Enhancement Fund. 

Next Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 6th May 2021 at 7.00pm by Zoom Video Conference due to Government social distancing restrictions. 
All meeting agenda’s, supporting documents and minutes can be viewed at www.slaptonparish.co.uk

Signed: Louise Soothill-Ward, Clerk and RFO, 7/4/21 


Meetings | Slapton Parish Council