The most recent meeting agenda will be shown here. It is usually published one week prior to the meeting.
IN THE COLERIDGE HUNDRED OF THE SOUTH HAMS OF DEVON
The following Councillor s are summoned to attend: J Hinder (Chair), Cllr J Abbey, Cllr Mr I Mitchelmore, Cllr D Murphy, Cllr S. Sullock, Cllr C. Staines, Cllr Gavin Wollacott.
Cllr J. Brazil and Cllr R. Foss, Kate Payne (Centre Manager FSC) and members of the public are invited to attend.
1) APPOINTMENT OF THE CHAIR, VICE CHAIR and APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
2) APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
3) DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - Councillors are invited to declare any disclosable interest they may have in any items to be considered. They are also reminded to consider whether in the light of recent activities any items within their Register of Interests should be updated.
4) PUBLIC COMMENT
5) POLICE REPORT – Devon and Cornwall Police Councillor Advocate Scheme: Cllr D Murphy.
6) COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
Cllr J Brazil:
• Relocation of the war memorial.
• Deer Bridge
• Signage at Park and Walk
Cllr R Foss:
• SHDC motor home proposal at the Beach Car Park – Update on Public Consultation
• New recycling scheme rollout update
7) MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26th April 2021 if available and agreed, to be both be signed by the Chair as a true and correct record.
8) REVIEW OF ACTION LOG
9) MATTERS IN ABEYANCE
a.) Monument relocation to Strete Gate.
b.) Plastic recycling scheme – Agreed to monitor parish-wide impact when live.
c.) Village Map – Delay the review of artwork/reprint until the war memorial and toilet block locations had been agreed. Cllr Staines to confirm stock levels at the May meeting.
d.) Notice Boards – A notice board has been donated to the PC. Clerk to obtain quotes to add cork and relocate within the parish.
e.) Village BT K6 Phone box – Photo’s re-submitted on 22-10-20 of paint condition to BT who have advised to resubmit in Nov 2021 as the current condition does not qualify.
f.) Leet on Carr Lane - Schedule repairs in spring.
g.) Parish online service: https://www.parish-online.co.u... Clerk to update PC following briefing 24th June.
h.) Duke of Edinburgh Commemorative Tree – Agree location/ Tree type and purchase for planting in Nov 2021
i.) Slapton Line Magazine – Chairs next editorial copy deadline 18th May 2021.
1245/21/HHO - Hansell, Dartmouth. TQ6 0LN
Proposal: Householder application for outbuilding
Decisions (for information only, see SHDC website for more information)
1046/21/AGR – Lowworthy Barn, Slapton TQ7 2RB
Proposal: Application for prior notification of agricultural track
Decision: Ag Determination details required
11) MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION
a) Planning Committee: Agree terms of reference/ Appoint members.
b) Informal traffic survey 29th to 31st May: Agree speed sign locations / times of day to survey and Cllr monitoring teams.
c) Climate and Ecological emergency bill (CEE Bill): Agree PC response.
a. Playing field – Update on repairs to fence posts and gate.
b. Agree location of donated notice board.
c. Mowing for June.
12) PROPOSALS FOR RESOLUTION
a. To propose for resolution to adopt the updated PC Risk Register as agreed at the PC meeting 26/4/21
b. To propose for resolution to adopt the CSG Committee revised terms of reference, committee members and volunteer on-boarding process.
c. To propose for resolution to adopt the update Financial Model Regs 2019 and in particular:
i. Continuation of BACS payments to suppliers – next review 2023.
ii. Continuation of payment of clerk’s salary by standing order – next review 2023.
For information only:
• x CSG Facebook and 1 PC website posts drafted have been scheduled and posted across the month to relay Government covid-19 related updates to the community.
• Maintenance reporting:
• Liaison with Road Warden – April Mowing brief.
• Correspondence has been sent to 5 parishioners to assist with their enquiries.
• SHDC: Liaison with SHDC re correspondence from Parishioners re motor homes survey
• Updated PC policy documents updated/added to website.
13) CHAIRS REPORT
• SL report
14) COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
15) FINANCIAL MATTERS
a) The council to approve the below payments:
(S/O) £256.00 L. Soothill-Ward, Clerks salary – March 21 (Paid 1/5/21 for noting).
05/21 06/21 £110.37 and £302.40. Clerks May expenses re-imbursement: Zoom Licence renewal 8/4/21 and Drop Box digital storage licence renewal 14/4/21 (Paid 27/4/21 for noting).
07/21 £75.00 Nick Mathias – Playing Field Mowing - Invoice 1278/21 dated 11/4/21 (Paid 27/4/21 for noting).
08/21 £10.80 SLCC - Clerks Exam Portfolio Guide - For exam interview. Refund as expenses to Clerk. (Paid 27/4/21 for noting)
09/21 £14.00 Duke of Edinburgh Passing - Wreath of Condolence from the Parish. Refund costs to Cllr S Sullock. (Paid 27/3/21 for noting).
10/21 £269.00 Nick Mathias – April Road Warden Work – 14 hrs + £10 Kit hire - Invoice 1285/21 dated 25/4/21. (Paid 27/3/21 for noting).
11/21 £213.50 Ben Leach Consultancy - Safeguarding Training. Inovice 1204 9/3/21. (Paid 27/4/21 for noting).
12/21 £18.00 DALC Good Cllr Session 1 Training, Cllr J Abbey - Invoice 3053 dated 19/4/21. (Paid 27/4/21 for noting).
1) Balance at Bank 28/04/2021, £20,030.69
2) Internal Audit date scheduled for 1 June 2021
3) X5 2020 Road Warden grants are still pending reply from DCC Highways Maintenance Enhancement Fund.
Next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 5th July 2021 at 7.00pm.
(Members of the public to attend by Zoom Video Conference due to social distancing restrictions).
Signed: Louise Soothill-Ward, Clerk 28/4/21
All meeting agenda’s, supporting documents and minutes can be viewed at www.slaptonparish.co.uk